Saturday 18 October 2014

perpetual sinner

i met the preacher
i, in a drunken stupor
he, in a religious uproar
Disgust at the core
disregard in his soul
i am the perpetual sinner


i let out a hiccough
putrid with the smell of spirits
and he summoned the spirit
to kick out my spirits
so i let out belch of a hiccough
and chuckled at my bottle of spirits.

"i married the bottle"
i told him
"at least sh was faithful"
he retorted in acrimony
"you should be faithful"
as he lifted the bible
but i am the perpetual sinner

i left him in the harmony
of the unadulterated pulpit
the days offertory
safely in his pocket
the "flocks ewes"
hiding behind the door
dresses on the floor
but yes
I AM THE PERPETUAL SINNER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...