Saturday 14 March 2015

resilience

forgive my crimes
I have called on you
a thousand times
but you all showed a blind eye
gave a deaf ear,
Remember,
I have served a thousand years of solitude
I have faced a thousand forms of fear
I have endure a thousand storms of servitude
So tell me
What you lies ahead
that i am yet to brave.

my voice is unwavering
my faith is unbroken
my resolve, only more outspoken
my thirst unquenched
my spirit unbowed
my desire unending
for when you swept away my feet
I learnt not to kneel
when you spat at my tears
i learnt not to weep
when you broke the perch
i learnt to fly.

forgive my crimes
but my only crimes,
is resilience when I should have stopped
persistence when i should have dropped
endurance when i should have chocked
forgive me
yet, forgive me not 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...