Saturday 27 October 2012

THE DANCE


THE DANCE
I danced to the rhythm of the ghosts
In the evening when dusk came to call.
The cat’s soft purr said all was lost
So I danced to the rhythm of the coast

The living lost their allure
The land was no longer enticing
Whistling winds failed to reassure
Entranced I danced to the rhythm of the ghosts
And the soft dust caressed my feet,
Urging and teasing me on from deceit
The sweet night breeze, a flute from the sea.

I danced with the pots of the genies
While they clapped their applause for me
I danced with the glee of a kid
To tunes that made me truly freed
I danced to the rhythm of the ghosts

We drifted away from the shore
On a flimsy dhow or so I thought
To music that kept hold of the heart.
But there was neither music nor dhow
I was all alone far away from shore
I danced to the rhythm of ghosts
I danced to the rhythm of the gone.

©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...