Thursday 8 November 2012

THE OBSERVER

-->

I was taught how to study this tough life,
To know when to walk, and learn when to run,
To whet blunt edges sharper than a knife
To identify times to shout or to talk
To choose my words well, lest they cause me hell
To keep my thoughts silent, and never mock.

 I learnt to read into humanity
Their motivation and vanity
And hoped my path would gain some clarity
The bitter- sweet balance of grief and joy
Their worries and their insecurities
The innocence and guilt that paints their souls
Their oscillation between good and bad
The bright smiles and dull frowns that make them whole.
©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...