Thursday 1 November 2012

season of despair


Knocking on heavens door
With an angel on my shoulder
And the devil on my back
Death stalked my heels
Erasing all I could feel

Hope held my hands
Leading me on when I was lost
Fear griped my heart
As dread danced in my belly
Anxiety washed over me

Exhaustion was heavy on my legs
As I tugged away from desperation,
Confusion set tent in my head
For I longed for a soft bed
But my journey allowed me no rest.

Perhaps purgatory was best
My battered body begged
This tormented soul had aged
A solution that would leave none enraged
On this relief was pegged.
 
©davyvivaldi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...