Thursday 5 December 2013

Gardens of summer

KENAN OBURA
August 18, 2013 at 9:17pm
Oho my… you get fresh,
that fresh is my gardens of summer
tasty, yet loamy and pure wet,
as if just rained on almost for hours
that you splash loud pleasures to my face,
awakening all my lost dreams of becoming one wealthy farmer
You come with water lodges that holds honey on lands of plains
that now convinces me you ready to be plowed, sowed and fertilized
making me watch, listening to birds play intimately on your ground
harrow you, and thereafter Let my sunny afternoon heat you up, drown

Do I make miles between your heavens
that now I may get you open like a book that I can read?
Spread you out in a line that would blissfully bury my seed
to wake up butterflies that come rest easy on your leaves?
Now if you stretch up and reach my sun like the blades of summer greens
I swear  you will be pepper. Just red, hot and spicy
In best ways to remain sweet on my mind like candy
That would let words drip easy from my lip to the palm of my hand
But go again make the mistake, drop them to your lap in staccatos
Just to hear clearly  the vibration in rhythms deep unto my thoughts next season
giving you just another reason of wanting to be plowed, sowed and fertilized

P.S.
Red, hot and spicy as pepper
We will never make love
We will make delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...