Wednesday 26 August 2015

darling

Darling, don't dig in your heels,
Don't dig in your heels,
Not any deeper,
not any more than it needs to be
You know we are not meant to be
You know we are clutching
at straw
and our bond are starting
to break.


Darling, don't shed those tears,
You make me guilty, dear
Don't let them run down your cheeks
I would kiss them away,
But my resolve would be be weak,
Darling, have a tissue
And listen dear
our love was real
'Tis not the time to cling
Not now, darling
Not here
I have my faults
You have none,
Dear, please,
Let go

Dear, don't forget
I was the rebound
You were the fling
I wish it would ease the sting
I too feel the pinch
But darling
Do let go
Don't dig in, darling
Please.
You know I love you so
but please, do let go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...