Monday 4 February 2013

TAKING A STAND


Morning regret,
I am glad you could make it so soon
Do tell me, have the times been good?
On this end, they seem to be smooth
Take a seat, I hope you’re not alone
The other are meant to come along

Ah! Welcome revenge
You were rather late today
Your coffee went cold
Another I will have to brew
Despair will arrive in a few
I know the time is yet past due

You are both aware
Your services are now moot
My skeletons had to get the boot
I have your dismissal letter
And your bags are by the door
As you leave, with the wind do go
And never come back
Or else you hit the floor

Despair and disappointment
Pity you can’t keep an appointment
They will inform you on the arrangement
Do pick you letters of disengagement
Fair thee well
May you have no more conquest
You knew this day would come
Now I take my stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...