Saturday 12 October 2013

miss dusk

I met her at dusk
outside the twilight towers
where the sun would never
shine nor the moon ever glow
neither would the stars show

she looked spry and young
to her every word, they hung
I didn't think she belonged
but knew she would be long
flickering in the shadows of dawn

I met her
at the twilight towers
where men became kings
albeit for a moment
and the ladies were queens
of the short charred

 
 I met her,
at dusk
outside the twilight towers
looking like the seasons flower
aware of her feminine power
an epitome of innocence
attacked by virulence

I met her at dusk
in the twilight glow
attending a twilight show
that filled me wtith guilt to know
it was not fate or circumstance,
but the life she chose...
she
the one i met at twilight
 ©davyvivaldi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...