Saturday 9 May 2015

Death Be Gentle

Death be kind,
When you knock at my door,
rap it once
that I may be the only one
that will hear you.
and none else may awake
Image result for grim reaper
Death be gentle,
no to leave me in pain
be so kind
as to not linger in the shadows
for too long,
and give me false hope
of a life to go on
Image result for grim reaper
Death be gentle
when you approach
me with you shroud,
lay it lightly on me
but do not pull it tight
sit with me a moment
have a drink with me
have a chat
Image result for grim reaper
Death be soft
when you clench your jaw
on my frail bones
life sips away from  me
do not allow me a glimpse
a flitting glance
of what was
that as I ebb
I should not look back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...