Friday 28 December 2012

My 2012




The year 2012 is over. I am not sure whether I should be glad or not. Truth be told, it was a busy one, busier than most. In all honesty this December holiday is the only break I have had all year long. The year started with BHANG!  Just like I like it. I met the usual faces, some moving up, some down and some well nowhere. Of course the year had lots of objectives set for it but very few that actually came through now that I look back. Perhaps I was too ambitious. Working on the magazine was awesome, I am proud that it was produced.
The campaigns for student office were exciting. The feeling though tiring and stressful was more than amazing. The competition that allowed me to talk to individuals (who I otherwise would never have said a word to). I made a good number of friends and have seen beautiful things unfold with them. There were numerous lessons I picked up from that experience:
1.       If you have a goal nothing is too difficult.
2.       Life is beautiful if you live it, all you have to do is live it.
3.       Don’t trust anything at face value
4.       Never, I repeat never go for that race alone.
I did lose to an extremely worthy opponent who has done a job much better than I would have. But I got another seat, the A.A.C chairperson and would like to believe that I am giving it my best. I have grown substantially from the whimsical naïve boy to a more logical and calculating individual as a result of the experience. Thank you to all who helped or were present for that.
I also met a group of extremely talented individuals, poets who deserve   every ounce of the word gifted. They have encouraged me to experiment with what I did in writing and helped me grow my appreciation of other peoples’ talents.  Pathogen, RK Nyra, Nicko Fab, Kennan Obura, Bobi Mandela, Simuli Waliaula just to name a few, my deepest gratitude for having given me the chance to witness your greatness. I had the chance to attend many poetry and music events and saw the talent is Kenya come to life.
Ah! Again, the book club. I have never have had so much fun in a club as with that group of ladies and gentlemen. They helped expand my circle of friends, find new and more materials for study and develop new perspectives to life. I believe that this is a group of people with lethargic excitement that is contagious whenever you meet them. I would honestly be lying if I said I didn’t miss any single moment with them.
Aquinarians, I am glad I met those boys. The made my teaching practice memorable and fun. They did make enjoy teaching, for real. The boys were more like brothers and I doubt we shared a teacher –student relationship. They had brilliant humor, creative minds and superb academic potential. The classes I taught still put a smile on my face when I think of them. (Forms 2 south and 1 west). The staff was also quite fun. I do miss the humor, though vulgar, that we shared. In short teaching practice was three months of fun.
I did enjoy this second semester. The events have been numerous and each more exciting than next. It has been an opportunity to meet more people and expand horizons. The dinner, cultural week, Mr. and Miss Cuea were all awesome. I have got marvelous picks for evidence. The parties were great and worth every memory they made. Simply it was amazing and on that note, I am proud and grateful for the year 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...