Friday 28 December 2012

OUTCAST



Hello darkness my new friend
Do forgive me if I pretend
For in my past I am ashamed
This long life has lost its spite
Short small steps gave me no flight
Now i sit and stare through the night.

Pardon vengeance, his misplaced
Hell hath no more pain to dispense
Heaven was right to take offense
I had no chance for defense
Now he feels he is a waste
Soon some will say he is a pest.

Three plantings past I lost my soul
Two harvests after my heart too
Ten thousand strong sent me home
Twelve thousand more sent me fro
To the night my path was destined
To the dark my eyes were fastened

Mistakes I made in the day
Drew a fate I could not delay
In the bright light I found firm fear
Only you darkness i found dear
The future is no more clear
Don't mind me if I stay here.

 ©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...