Wednesday 9 January 2013

FATE


Fate, my dear
Don't say our road is at an end
The midnight dances
The flamboyant flare,
The flourishing fire,
The exuberant colour
The enticing encounters
The twilight tricks we played
On hearts unsuspecting
While we hang in joy
So inebriating.

Our flirtations with destiny
Were quite illuminating
Our encounters with death
Rather instigating
Our journey with life
Saw us gravitating
Strung in a web of intricacy
We both were levitating

My dear fate
You shook my faith
You engulfed me
With your every breath,
You derived of me
My every strength

Now we sit under this elm
Below the grim grey sky
As they all said it would
With a dull ray in your eye
Age binds me to my bed
Your years still hidden from your face.
Your strength brimming from your well.
Must you be on your way?
Please, don't leave me be.
 
 ©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...