Wednesday 16 January 2013

BALLAD FOR MY BELOVED

If I were a god in the skies above
Swaying and gliding among the clouds
Looking down on the world full of love
From dawn to dusk, its beauty unearthed
Only one would capture my thoughts
Only one would hold my gaze

I would spy on your every move
Follow your every step from my birds view
Through the marvelous heels and valleys
Across the ponds, and luscious greenery
Watch you dance with pure glee and joy
Enjoying as you made nature feel coy

I would drift down in your day dreams,
Sweep you away to the magical heavens
Stroll with thee by the silent streams
Strum music from strings unwoven
Fill you with tranquility unequaled
And set you back in serenity so civil
Stealing away before you noticed

I’d lie back among the clouds,
Morph them in strange shapes
And savor the moment in childish glee
As you settled back in your bed
Secretly aware, I would comfort you
And lull you to sleep with a kiss

If I were a god in the skies above,
But I am the man you gave your heart
The heart I promised to keep,
The love I promised to cherish
The one I promised to shower in sparks
The one I will forever let you smile,
My beloved

©davyvivaldi2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...