Tuesday 22 January 2013

WHEN YOU'RE GONE

Time makes the heart grow fond
Strengthening our firm bond
As a pair we seem bound
Together like strings wound
Your presence pouring joy
To me, makes the world coy

Your absence wears the soul
Tiring its every strain
The world becomes dreary
Like the lonely prairie
And I wish time would hurry
Along with all my worry

The mind becomes edgy
With thoughts of you so plenty
Life lacks colour when you’re gone
Bells feel like lazy tones
Soft touches feel like stones
That brings pain to the bone

The body gets it way,
To erase the marks of time
Emotions stay at bay
Lest they lead me to crime
So I pretend to pray
While on the inside I cry

©davyvivaldi2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...