Tuesday 15 January 2013

THE TIDE


Years came by, years went by
Where I stood, I now lie
Where they lived they now die,
Where they laughed they now cry,
For the years that went by.

Time went by, time crept by,
To youth we were not shy,
To age we were not kind,
Now we seat back and cry,
For years we did not mind

Change came by, change went by,
Mischief was on our minds
Patience we put behind
Now we look back and sigh
For the years we let wind.

Memories flash by, memories pass by
Regrets have lost their bite
Time has proved them right
The future has no more light
So we let the years go by.
©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...