Friday 25 January 2013

NON-BELIEVER


If ever there was a thing called love,
It died of abuse and utter neglect
For humanity gave it no respect
If ever there was a thing called lust,
It won it prize long before we did,
Our vanity made it splendid


If ever there was a thing called hope,
Its time is dead and gone,
And degeneration took it place
If ever there was a thing called faith,
Its strength did dissipate,
Binding us to a common fate,


If ever there was a thing called rage,
We must have lost its cage,
And found a way to give it edge,
If ever there was a thing called pain,
This is the only thing I could claim,
For it fills me with self disdain.


If ever, again I say, if ever,
As I don’t believe
in things I can’t break
I don’t believe in emotion,
I don’t believe in chance
I don't believe in fate,

I simply don’t believe,
If ever, possibly, if ever.
They were but they aren’t

©davyvivaldi 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...