Wednesday 9 January 2013

THE DEATH WISH


I kissed death on her lips
Though cold as ice
They were mighty sweet
Her grey face studying mine

To life I bid my goodbyes
And turned to watch
As I heard her cries
Her bright face fades away

The saints said I could never turn back
This I dint care to understand
I chose to show them my back
Their faces grim with rage

Demons said I was in for some luck
This I wanted to learn
Then I was engulfed by the dark
Their faces full of deception.

The devil jumped full of glee
While death led me forward
And angels chose not to flee
Their faces curved in disappointment

Now all I felt was cold
Perhaps that is all I ever was
A heart as cold as ice
The glimmer of light gone from my eyes
 
©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...