Friday 21 December 2012

secrets



Forbid me to lie
As I can’t tell the truth
My heart leaps to the skies
My face shows no proof

Tell me lies
Tell me endless lies
My eyes are blind to the truth
My ears deaf to reality

My conscience creeks violently
The weight is too much for me
I can’t bear to look into your eyes
As I fear the tear won’t dry

These tears will dry
Please do not pry
As long as the truth remains shy
And my heart will not cry

The signs are not for me to hide
The cat is out of the bag
And with it went my pride
Don’t let my heart sag

I dare not listen
Keep the silence
Or be gone from me
Spare me the pain

Then we agree
Agree to bear our guilt
And never speak of this
So it is agreed.

©davyvivaldi 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...