Friday 27 May 2016

I PRAYED FOR YOU

I had that there was a shoot out
Somewhere in your neighbourhood
And that someone was killed
And I prayed that it was you,

I had news again, that a house burned
That smoke billowed as time wound
And I prayed fervently that it was you,
Consumed by flames for good,
Reduced to ashes to be scattered in time
For the fire engines were unavailable

I read in the news that a car hit someone,
That the corpse lay in the streets for long
That no one accorded it any dignity
And yet again I prayed it was you
That you died a painful death,
And would have no justice.

I heard that a stranger was maimed,
That they were hacked and left for dead,
That their blows were well aimed,
That their limbs would never be claimed
And again I prayed it was you

I heard that a car plunged in the river
That flood waters pushed it a distance
That mangled bodies fed the great lizards
Oh! I prayed it was you
You were worthy of that

It is wrong to wish another ill,
But it is a lie to say I wish you well
I wish though that we never met
Perhaps then I would wish you well..
I pray for your fervently
I pray that you meet harm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...