Sunday 15 May 2016

STILL I STAND

I have learnt to embrace the cold,
Because everyone will leave you alone
And I have learnt to stand tall and bold
When they have all gone,
And once friendly tongues start to scold
Alone I maybe, but I will stand.


I have learnt to love the darkness
When lights have been extinguished
When friends and foes cannot be distinguished
When familiar feelings fade to numbness
I have learnt, only my feet will prop me up
Alone I may be, Still I stand.

I have learnt not to be deceived
Not by familiar hand or eyes,
As I alone am to be believed.
Even the silence is known to lie.
Only on my solitude I can rely
Alone I may be, Still I stand

You can claim no success but your own
For your strength is just your own
Apart from your family, to the rest- unknown
Your soul can be to no other shown
These are things I have learnt and grown
That alone I may be, but I will stand.

Now watch me walk
From the shadows of your failure
You taught me to endure
Not on my knees but on my feet
So as I stand tall, let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...