Friday 5 August 2016

LAST EMBRACE




We stand on the grey steps beneath the moon
My hands cupped around your face
The prelude to a deep embrace
The interlude to the meeting of lips
The passion, reality might eclipse.

You are the lie that I clasp to my face,
I am the truth you cast from your chest
You are the only mistake I left in my wake
The dreams scattered in high noon
Still, they you are inside my head.

Under the cloak of night
I believed I could give you everything
But you felt I could give you nothing
On these grey steps beneath the moon
Still, there you are inside my head.

I will dream of you, you will dream of me too
Figments of thoughts fading in light
I hold your hands, wrap them in mine
My lips pressed against your face
Like treasured gold, I feel the taste
This is our last embrace.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...