Tuesday 4 June 2013

TIME


They said time heals best
but there are some things time can not erase
not when the pain forms calluses
So thick they cannot be cleansed

Time can be kind to the soul
creating memories as cool as gold
illuminating joys of the past long gone
Soothing the heart in ways warm

Time too can be mean
when it holds joys all too thin
Rolling out grief much too grim
Staring with so sinister a grin

 
 Time is strange
one moment you have it all,
next moment, none at all,
And you wonder what went wrong

Time was all I had,
Till my time started to cut it close
A test to all my loss
I let it spill through my fingers

Time was of the essence
Till I lost my presence
Gave in to manic madness
Time, swift and heartless

The truth time told
Was not the one I could hold
Things sick and things cold
Now my mind is very old
©davyvivaldi 2013
 
©davyvivaldi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...