Wednesday 3 February 2016

Angel

Broken my wings might be
but I am still an angel
tethered but unbound
perched on the ground
but I will be free

My arms are wide open,
follow me
or let me be
I will not embrace
nor slap your face
as long as you agree
to cause me no disgrace

I gave voice to reason
Silenced the rage within
the hurt that simmered
fizzled with the season
though I am still fallen
my pride is untrodden

I needed you once
when I was weak
when I was lost
and you walked away
gave me time to find my faith
to find my strength
Now I need you not

Broken my wings might be
but I am still an angel
and I will take my flight.
Leave you behind
as our paths diverge
fading in to the night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...