Tuesday 9 February 2016

Doubt

Who was I to you?
The scapegoat for all your mistakes:
The one who kept pulling you back
When you strove ahead.
The inkling reminder
Of all that could have gone wrong
Of all that did go wrong
Of all that should have gone wrong

Who was I to you?
Was I your strength
Or your weakness
The deep breath you held in
Or the sharp sigh that took it away
The fleeting ghost you wished away

Who was I to you?
Because I was headed nowhere
But you followed me there
What for?
I had nothing to offer
sill have nothing to offer
so why not answer

Who was I to you?
Who am I to you?
I am lost to myself
So am I lost to you
A reflection of your worst
A portrait of a being so far from grace
who was I to you,
and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...