Tuesday 9 February 2016

Disillusion

It is not I
that is lying on the barroom floor
Staring in to the darkness of space
Stating a prayer that is out of place.
The desolation of me
Marinated in beer, gin and rum
Listening to the din of an old drum
Declaring my disillusion

It is not I
Looking back at you
From the bottom of a glass
Asking for your inebriated ideas
Seeking intoxicated solutions
Devouring deadly portions
In hope of an answer

It is not I
You see bent over the toilet bowl
Retching my regret and depression
Begging for release
begging for peace
but getting none
so I go back to the bottle
No it is not I

It is not I
You see stumble and stagger
Holding a bottle of larger
Haunted by dreams unfulfilled
Daunted by life incomplete
Skulking in the dark alleys
Let the day reveal my mistakes
It is not I
perhaps a mere silhouette 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...