Friday 19 October 2012

SIGNS OF TIME




I was seated at the bar
Drinking away my depression
When tomorrow walked in
Igniting my agitation
Today sat at the back
Lacking in inspiration
Yesterday was in a sulk
Devoid of motivation

Tomorrow said he’d quite
Tired of all the uncertainty
Today nodded his agreement
Giving hope as charity
Yesterday chuckled
Noting all their vanity
I was in the middle
On the brink of insanity

Tomorrow was in faded blue
The future was no longer bright
Today was in a dark black
The present was full of gloom
Yesterday was in dull grey
The past was a putrid memory.
None of them appealing to me
I needed help, serious help.
 



2 comments:

Featured post

DID I?

Did I tell you How lovely you are? The glimmer In the smile you have, The shine it gives To this colourful world Did I tell you, Yo...